Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
At Under Armour, the Executive Producer (EP) will oversee and drive the vision of the UA CONTENT HOUSE, an internal team focused on the development and execution of original branded content creation for all media platforms, but with special focus on digital, social, and mobile distribution. The UA Content House is a critical content development engine for brand, product and internal messaging. We believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to develop breakthrough engagement with our customers in the constantly changing landscape of sports and sports culture. The UA EP will lead/direct full service production teams, and collaborate with category, PR, brand and digital leaders to execute against well thought out creative briefs. This person will need to manage a multifaceted team of editors, filmmakers, photographers, motion graphics and content makers across film, social and digital media.
What will you do?
This person will lead the production team to represent the Under Armour creative strategy, brand voice, tone, look and feel, and able to express it on various media platforms. The EP must have demonstrated experience running a production studio across digital and social media platforms, various media formats and comfortable directing both internal and external teams on creative content production, in both short and long forms. The vision of The Content House is to build world class in-house capabilities that will allow it to compete with any outside agency in the world.
Day to Day responsibilities include cross collaboration with category and brand leads to develop creative briefs needs, ability to determine budgets, schedules, crews, and determining the best ways for us to visually represent our Brand and Brand initiatives via video content. This role will also to lead strategic thinking on new ideas that capture the brand voice through innovative ideas, new media formats, new channels distribution, and best practices for the content team both in NA and providing creative guidance to business teams and production teams internationally.
- Develop breakthrough creative ideas based on creative briefs provided by brand and category teams for multiple media formats i.e. web, mobile, TV.
- Creative thought leadership; a person who sees sports and cultural trends and their impact on how we will represent the UA brand authentically across media channels and formats.
- Create breakthrough production techniques to lower the cost of production while maintaining quality; demonstrated ability to innovate, experiment, learn and scale great ideas.
- Innovate with crowd sourcing and editing techniques to materially increase the number of creative assets that can support brand and product activities.
- Work cross functionally with internal clients, developing scripts and creative treatments, while working with the digital team to develop effective and compelling media distribution plans.
- Lead the development of innovative production capabilities, taking advantage of the latest creative technologies to pioneer new production formats and techniques in social and mobile.
- Lead a full service production team; Nurture a team of brilliant producers, editors, photographers, animators, motion graphics, line producers and traffic, while adding category best talent to the team, and making UA an employer of choice for top creative talent.
- Develop and execute the long term plan for creating a global content creation machine to support web site imagery, video production, retail imagery and key UA regional business needs.
- Collaborate closely with the Sports Marketing team to develop opportunities to shoot our world class athletes in authentic and breakthrough ways to support the UA brand positioning, message, tone and manner.
- Collaborates with our entertainment and league leads to develop concepts that can elevate the UA brand in authentic and compelling ways.
- Build creative production process around major brand and product campaigns, sport and cultural movements, sales meetings, and seasonal product refresh calendars.
- Create and drive the content system videos for UA “Map My” Apps, the UA site, UA Shop App and 3rd party retail partners.
- Source and manage potential team of highly talented freelance producers when needed.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Ops team to develop resource allocation models in order to match creative teams to projects so they can deliver on time and on budget.
- Develop and manage internal campaigns to support employees, guest to the UA campus and senior team members to support the UA positioning, UA innovation and cultural messages.
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Supports and empowers leaders to take initiative in making necessary decisions and to follow through on commitments. Motivates and drives the production team to achieve UA’s strategy and holds leaders accountable for hitting brand, engagement and budget. Takes ownership of organizational results, while fostering a culture of accountability across the creative production team.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Creates a work environment that allows Teammates to generate new ideas, products, and solutions that contribute to UA Brand evolution. Encourages and endorses creative risk-taking and innovation, acting as a sponsor as needed when turning new ideas into actions.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Executes decisions in partnership with business unit leaders with UA vision and goals in mind. Creates a culture of collaboration and trusting working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Leverages regional trends and wins, adapting business strategy in a culturally sensitive manner to drive global growth and profitability. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of global trends and the interconnectedness of different markets. Integrates local culture with global trends to position UA as a Brand and employer of choice. Addresses local needs when making global business decisions.
- MAP THE FUTURE-STRATEGIC VISIONING Clearly articulates a vision of the future for UA and the business unit, illustrating how Teammates can contribute to make an impact. Scans internal and external environment, leveraging new innovations to create a vision of the future for UA, categories, and individual teams.
- BULID A GREAT TEAM-BUILDING TALENT Creates and promotes an environment for Teammates and self to grow and demonstrate new skills across the organization. Advocates for Teammates and managers by communicating their strengths and wins across the organization. Generates passion and commitment to team mission, promoting shared purpose across teams. Builds globally relevant and scalable teams by investing in programs that focus on talent management priorities and gaps.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY & ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- Bachelor’s degree focused preferably on the arts, including film, photography, motion graphics, production or Art Direction/Design.
- 10 – 12 years related experience in an ad agency, production agency, creative studio or in-house creative team
- Created a strong portfolio of work that you had a role in creating, personally developed or led with a team; shown that your work was recognized by others through awards or creative honors.
- Strong communication skills; strong writing and exceptional presentation development skills.
- Previous experience leading a creative team and running day-to-day operations for a creative, content or production agency.
- Demonstrated thought leadership that can be demonstrated through your portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to elevate team members and inspire breakthrough work.
- Proven experience in creative leadership and managing cross functionally across creative and business teams.
- Demonstrated experience advocating for breakthrough production techniques; a deep understanding of the emerging technologies in the production space.
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills working with teams across every level of an organization
- Displays passion and optimism. Is an advocate for great creative ideas, but knows how to gain buy in through influence of key stakeholders
- Shows they don’t fall in love with a creative idea to the exclusion of all others, knows how to advocate, but also knows there is never just one option to fulfill the demand of a well written brief.
What else is important for you to know?
- Travel required, domestic and international, including some holidays and weekends.
- Must have a portfolio of your own work that will be reviewed by the UA team during the interview process.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.