Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is looking for a Content & Community Specialist – UK & Football located in Manchester, UK. The position reports directly to the Northern Europe Senior Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong proven record of content creation and implementing effective brand-oriented, social media activations within the UK. Therefore, he/she has to have a precise understanding of how to build, manage and execute content oriented campaigns for social media platforms within sports.
The position is responsible for bringing all brand, product, sports marketing, retail stories to target consumers across Social Media. This role will be “hands on” in leading and being responsible in collaborating with the EMEA Marketing Team in the creation, production and execution of digital brand campaigns.
The position will be specifically measured against the ability to drive brand awareness and brand engagement in Europe with effective integration of athletes, seasonal brand stories and product.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Define and activate the overall social media strategy for the UK.
•Define and activate the Football social media strategy in Europe, including the activation of sponsored athletes and clubs.
•Grow Under Armour brand awareness in the UK.
•Manage social 3 month rolling plan, and day to day monthly plan for detail social media planning. Ensure that plan is effectively communicated to regional team mates in a timely manner.
•Identify and execute strategies and programs for improvement in efficiency of paid digital media and social media channels in collaboration with the EMEA Content & Community Specialist.
•Produce content plans to deploy the story, look and feel, launch plan, calendar etc.
•Manage the timely reporting of digital and social media activities and results to European and regional team-mates on a monthly basis.
•Ensure digital channels are integrated into seasonal planning processes to support the key initiatives product launches and sports moments.
•Work closely Under Amour’s EMEA digital marketing functions to ensure execution of a coordinated strategy across multiple markets.
•Work closely with the PR team to align and enhance all brand and company messaging.
•Track and manage annual budget for social media content creation and assign paid social media budget.
•Write creative briefs, help manage the creative development timeline and process, protect and develop brand voice across social media touch-points.
•Procure user research and Europe market analysis to understand the competition, digital channel dynamics, user/viewer segmentation & positioning.
•Scout new social trends and channels so that Under Armour is always at the forefront of social media marketing.
•Assist sales team and marketing team with materials required for key account presentations/sell-ins in relation to social media.
•Management of vendors and agencies that are contracted to support teams initiatives.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or communications and 3-5 years related digital marketing experience, or equivalent combination of education and related experience. Knowledge of European digital media is a prerequisite.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Proficiency/deep understanding of content strategy, and content creation for current and emerging social media channels.
- Knowledge of social media management solutions. Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat proficient with knowledge of social media insights, advertising and social trends.
- Strong copy writing skills is a requirement.
- Image editing skills with Photoshop is a pré
- Knowledge of analytics (e.g. Omniture) and targeting ad management solutions (e.g. Facebook advertising)
- Basic understanding of ecommerce related marketing tactics, especially social shopping and traffic generation.
- Superior project management experience and abilities.
- Build relationships and influences stakeholders among multiple internal and external organizations.
- Ability to lead and drive change – takes initiative to drive change aligned with brand and commercial plans.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
You should be a team player with a passion for sports and have the desire to cross the line in first place delivering executional excellence.
Dedicated, enthusiastic, innovative and drive to achieve the best, the teammate should be a strong communicator and able to manage their time effectively.
Mastery of the English language, both conversation and written is an essential function.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Extremely strong written English skills are required for this position as you will be required to create social media copy.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Behavioral Attributes of Ideal Candidate: include but are not limited to the following:
- GET IT DONE, DONE, DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY •Takes responsibility and ownership for own tasks, decisions and outcomes • Delivers consistent results and hits deadlines within the scope of own role.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION • Demonstrates curiosity by asking questions about current practices and suggesting potential changes • Generates new ideas in team settings.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION • Acknowledges own role and how it contributes to the common goals of the team • Builds trusting relationships with Teammates and works with others in alignment with team goals.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE • Demonstrates understanding of local cultural practices • Displays interest in and appreciation for global perspectives • May apply cultural understanding to support other Teammates in global business interactions.
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category