Senior Manager Retail Partner Stores – Europe
Amsterdam, Noord Holland
February 8, 2017
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
We are looking for a Senior Manager Retail Partner Stores to evolve, manage and execute Under Armour’s Retail strategy for Under Armour partner stores (Distributors) in Europe. Drive and achieve the store opening plans, sales and profitability goals. Secure proper execution of Under Armour’s Retail Standards in stores through leading, developing and managing constructive, productive and professional relationship with Under Armour Retail partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Work with all partners to achieve the opening of new stores and execution of operating standards in line with Partner stores operations manuals.
- Identify training and on-boarding needs of Partner teams, plan and arrange trainings accordingly.
- Coach and lead Partner teams to achieve targeted KPIs.
- Set financial and operational targets for all stores and create actions to achieve and improve them on a frequent base.
- Work with partners and internal teams for a long-term expansion plan and fulfillment of plan accordingly.
- Ensure each partner and store has adequate merchandise planning and buying to achieve financial targets and brand positioning.
- Plan and co-ordinate new store openings in conjunction with Partner and internal teams.
- Provide feedback to EU & global team about business status and needs for improvement of stores’ performance.
TECHNICALS ATRIBUTES OF IDEAL CANDIDATE INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- University degree in business management, ideally with marketing and sales focus.
- 6-8 years of retail and franchise experience, preferably within the sports or apparel industry in Europe
- Fluent in English, further languages are a plus (Italian, French, Spanish).
- Knowledge of non-US markets ideally attained through living/working in multiple countries.
- Multinational reporting and willingness to travel locally and internationally.
BEHAVIOURAL ATRIBUTES OF IDEAL CANDIDATES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Inspired Leadership. Articulates a compelling vision and the roadmap to success; adept at aligning and empowering a diverse set of teammates and stakeholders
- Team Player. Loves being part of a team, both leading and serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues; highly effective in a matrix environment
- Humble & Hungry. Confidence without arrogance; driven to continually “up their game” regardless of prior successes
- Unparalleled Integrity. In good times and bad, lives the UA Way; takes ownership for mistakes; delivers tough messages directly; doesn’t “back-channel”
- Action Oriented. “Can do” and “does do” attitude; authentically engaged with people and situations
- Accountable. Commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self and team to highest performance standards
- “Gets” Under Armour. Passionately embraces the challenge and effort to keep UA unique; committed to go the extra mile to build/protect the brand
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category
This post is also available in: