Mechanic, Weekend- 1st Shift
March 14, 2017
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand. That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace. The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Summary The Mechanic – Nashville Distribution Operations will have the opportunity be a part of the development of Under Armour’s newest Distribution Operation. We are seeking an individual, with operational start-up experience, to partner with the Maintenance and Facilities team in all aspects of the opening and ongoing operations for a 1 million square foot Distribution House in Mt. Juliet, TN, a suburb of Nashville. The Mechanic is responsible for the full spectrum of routine maintenance including trouble-shooting electrical controls, ensuring proper functionality of all systems, and upholding the safety of all machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be proficient in the repair and maintenance of all types of conveyor including, motors, reducers, sorters, sensors and all other components used in the assigned area.
- Ability to trouble-shoot electrical controls (motor circuits, process or packaging machinery, and programmable controllers) using drawings, documentation, and required tools.
- Determines parts requirements and availability. Retrieves parts, maintains parts/stock area and submits requests to reorder. Determines reasonable substitutions for parts that are unavailable.
- Performs routine maintenance of systems based on machine PM requirements. Maintains an accurate record of all PM activities
- Ensure and repair that all safety systems are functioning properly on all machines.
- Demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience
- Excellent proven safety record
- Ability to interpret schematics, mechanical blueprints, and PLC ladder logic
- Able to operate and trained on all aerial equipment, such as boom lift and scissor lift.
- Preferred: 5 years industrial plant maintenance technician experience comparable to level 1 or 2
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Working knowledge of Maintenance Connection is a plus.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Knowledge of Warehouse Control Systems (WCS)
- The ability to frequently lift items weighing an average of 20 to 30 pounds with a maximum of 65 pounds throughout a full shift of work
Education and/or Experience
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have High School Diploma/GED. Trade School completion preferred.
- Must have at least 1 year of recent continuous employment.
Under Armour is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Under Armour depends solely on your qualifications.
This post is also available in: