Motion Graphics Designer
March 6, 2017
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Motion Graphics Designer/Graphic Designer will support the Team Sports brand creative team to bring motion graphics and 2D design projects to life. This person will assist the brand creative team in creating animated social content, 2D/3D graphics for video, and static 2d graphic design. We’re looking for a team player with a “get it done” mindset who is pro-active and collaborative.
What will you do?
- Work collaboratively with the Art directors and Creative Directors and respective team members to produce brand relevant motion graphics for broadcast, digital and internal projects
- Ability to execute 2D graphic design layouts for print and digital executions.
- Demonstrate flexibility, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Provide design support for the greater design team as needed outside of assigned projects.
- Review final designs. Ensure assets meet established design standards and are ready to be consumer facing.
- Dialed into youth and fashion trends, art, sport and culture. Believe in your ability to see and create the future of UA design.
- Visible potential to grow.
- Enthusiastic curiosity and self-starting attitude. Be proactive. Bring ideas to the table.
- Inspiring energy giving member of the team. Be positive and choose to be optimistic.
- Establishing relationships within the Under Armour Design Community.
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE, DONE, DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Takes responsibility and ownership for own tasks, decisions and outcomes. Delivers consistent results and hits deadlines within the scope of own role.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Demonstrates curiosity by asking questions about current practices and suggesting potential changes. Generates new ideas in team settings.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Acknowledges own role and how it contributes to the common goals of the team. Builds trusting relationships with Teammates and works with others in alignment with team goals.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Demonstrates understanding of local cultural practices. Displays interest in and appreciation for global perspectives. May apply cultural understanding to support other Teammates in global business interactions.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY AND ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, motion graphics or a related field or design related experience
- At least 3-5 years of Motion Graphic Design and digital design, & demonstrated ability to apply these skills in ways that elevate brand excellence
- Graphic design, layout, and printing experience
- Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Presentation software power user
- 2D Motion Design: Adobe After Effects
- An intermediate level usage of one of the following 3d packages: Cinema 4D, Maya, 3DS Max, Blender.
- Rapid visualization skills: hand sketching, digital wireframes & sketches
- Portfolio required
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This post is also available in: