Sr. Manager, Digital Acquisition Strategy
December 14, 2016
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Sr. Manager, Digital Acquisition Strategy is responsible for the planning, execution, and measurement of Under Armour’s eCommerce Acquisition Marketing Strategy. This position has four direct reports to support the execution of the Paid Search, Paid Social, Display and Affiliate Marketing tactics. This position also partners closely with Retention Marketing, Connected Fitness Conversion, Ecommerce, SEO, User Experience, Analytics, Brand Marketing, Merchandising, Creative, and Consumer Insights to ensure that marketing objectives and business results are met. The Sr. Manager, Acquisition Strategy understands eCommerce and Acquisition & Retention team’s business priorities and goals and is seen as an invaluable asset to each team. Candidates must be strong managers, analytical, strategic-thinkers and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidates must have a “get it done” mindset and be pro-active and collaborative.
What will you do?
- Lead the development and execution of acquisition marketing strategies across Paid Search, Paid Social, Display, and Affiliate Marketing channels to accomplish business objectives.
- Manage the Acquisition Marketing Agency and media partner relationships.
- Develop and maintain budget forecasts, media allocation, trend analysis, and optimizations.
- Manage programs within acceptable levels of advertising spend, contribution and customer long-term value.
- Create actionable reporting around key program trends and KPIs.
- Responsible for communication of campaign details, rationale, and implementation across agency partners, key internal stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain the acquisition marketing calendar and timeline focusing on key dates relating to content/stories, product drops, promotions, sporting events, and holidays.
- Leverage your deep understanding of the digital marketing space as it relates to direct response to drive traffic to our Ecommerce website.
- Conduct research and competitive benchmarking. Use this data to suggest new media/marketing opportunities to augment the existing marketing portfolio.
- Deploy tests and provide backend analysis and recommendations after testing to continuously improve the customer experience and grow sales and increase margin contribution. Document and share results and learnings.
- Create and maintain best practices and lessons learned for each of the acquisition channels,
- Develop strong relationships across Ecommerce, Retention Marketing, Connected Fitness, Brand Marketing, and other departments to facilitate integrated marketing strategies and knowledge sharing.
- Activate the necessary subject matter experts to accomplish your business objectives.
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Takes responsibility and ownership for own tasks, decisions, and outcomes. Delivers consistent results and hits deadlines within the scope of own role.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Is an engaged member of the marketing/technology/media world and proactively solicits and contributes innovative ideas and suggested changes. Generates new ideas in team settings.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Acknowledges own role and how it contributes to the common goals of the broader team. Builds trusting relationships with Teammates and works with others in alignment with team goals.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Displays interest in and appreciation for global perspectives. May serve as subject matter expert and mentor to support other Teammates in global business interactions.
- MAP THE FUTURE – STRATEGIC VISIONING A strategic thinker that expresses oneself clearly and concisely. Applies understanding of internal and external challenges to contribute to the team’s vision for the future. Asks questions to confirm how team priorities support UA’s overall vision.
- BUILD A GREAT TEAM – BUILDING TALENT Seeks opportunities to develop self and other Teammates. Gives timely, specific feedback on performance tasks, goals, and developmental needs. Serves as a mentor and guide to his team members. Motivates Teammates by sharing team objectives that highlight opportunities and the impact of their work. Identifies and selects talent to meet business needs.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY AND ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- 8-10 years of acquisition marketing experience, prior agency experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to make measureable improvements in Acquisition Marketing Channels, SEM, Social, Display, and Affiliate
- A solid working understanding of SEO, Attribution, and Email Marketing
- Strong analytics skills and understanding of KPIs for digital media
- Expert User of MS Office Suite: Excel, Power Point
- Experience with Omniture, Google Analytics preferred
- BA/BS Marketing or related field
- MBA preferred but not required
What are other important qualities of a UA teammate?
- Be a critical thinker and problem solver. Leverage insights and core business knowledge to identify the problems at hand and provide tangible steps to a resolution.
- Be a “self-starter” with the ability to work autonomously and efficiently with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to negotiate and partner creatively with our external partners – demonstrating an entrepreneurial attitude combined with a “win-win” approach.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, including a passion for working cross-functionally with Ecommerce, Retention Marketing, Connected Fitness Conversion, Brand Marketing, Merchandising, Creative, and SEO / User Experience.
- Analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, prepare and interpret reports, and communicate actionable results, findings, and recommendations.
- Knowledge of online and financial analytical skills.
- Excited about working in a fast-paced environment, including the ability to rapidly adapt to change and self-motivate in a results driven culture.
- Possess a “humble and hungry”, team player attitude that can contribute to the measureable skill set of a world-class interactive team.
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor which helps foster an upbeat working environment.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This post is also available in: