Sr. Manager, Global Communications
December 9, 2016
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Sr. Manager, Global Communications serves as an integral member of the management team, and will play a key role in the development of Under Armour’s internal and external communication strategy and will contribute to the organizational strategic planning process. This position will develop a world-class communications plan directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s brand reputation.
What will you do?
- Oversee all aspects of Under Armour Corporate/Crisis/Internal Communications/C-Suite executive communication programs.
- Provide strategic counsel, leadership and vision for the Under Armour Brand to help achieve global business objectives and help enhance the brand image worldwide.
- Develop, integrate, and implement a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership.
- Direct and work with a global team to develop and implement plans against key business initiatives, product innovation and campaigns.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and sales team to ensure consistency and deliver successful communication programs garnering extensive media coverage in top broadcast, print and online outlets.
Direct and manage public relations agencies across the globe to ensure agencies are true strategic partners and all plans are executed on strategy and on budget.
Lead Crisis Communications and be part of cross-functional task force that leads active and reactive position on minor to major reputational management issues.
Other duties may be assigned
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE, DONE, DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Takes responsibility and ownership for own tasks, decisions and outcomes. Delivers consistent results and hits deadlines within the scope of own role.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Demonstrates curiosity by asking questions about current practices and suggesting potential changes. Generates new ideas in team settings.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Acknowledges own role and how it contributes to the common goals of the team. Builds trusting relationships with Teammates and works with others in alignment with team goals.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Demonstrates understanding of local cultural practices. Displays interest in and appreciation for global perspectives. May apply cultural understanding to support other Teammates in global business interactions.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY AND ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- B.S. Degree in related field or equivalent
- 8-10+ years in public relations, corporate communications and marketing or related field
- Established relationships at all levels, inclusive of the executive level, in the global marketing industry
- Prior experience working for a global company with a strong, premium brand and a distinct culture
- Experience working for either a start-up or high-growth organization is a plus
- Proven leadership skills in managing a strong, experienced and diverse team
- Experience conducting business and partnering with executives and staff in multiple regions globally, a plus
- Proven global citizen through travel and diversity of experiences
- Proficient utilizing Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Social Media savvy
- Cision PR Database is a plus
- A reputation for outstanding leadership, team building & recruiting
- Proven ability to attract top talent from outside the organization while developing strong teams within
- An executive with superior inspirational qualities who creates an atmosphere in which people work together enthusiastically and co-operatively to produce outstanding results
- An ability to lead through influence by forming productive relationships cross-functionally with our leadership team
- Have respect for what the company has accomplished while bringing new thinking and suggesting well-reasoned points of view for improving the performance of the business
- Significant executive presence, confidence, and preparedness to be able to meet and engage with highest level of executives and athletes in the world
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and strong knowledge of current media landscape
- Proven track record of working effectively in fast-paced environment
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This post is also available in: