Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is looking for a Marketing Manager for the Submed region based in Paris or Barcelona (it can be negotiated). The position reports directly to the Director of Marketing, EMEA located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The ideal candidate will have a strong proven record of brand planning and implementing effective brand, retail, sports marketing programs for a sports or lifestyle brand. Therefore he/she has to have a precise understanding of how to build, manage and execute marketing programs.
The position is responsible for leading the strategic planning and implementation of Brand, Sports and Retail marketing programs for Under Armour in Submed. This role will be “hands on” in leading a team of individuals to deliver executional excellence and brand building for the Under Armour Submed business and strategy. Specific responsibilities include strategic planning for brand, retail and sports marketing, market research, planning and executing of events, promotions, digital/social marketing and advertising initiatives.
The position will be specifically measured against the ability to drive brand awareness and consumer conversion at retail and the effective integration and cultivation of the Under Armour team in France and Spain including sales, product and financial planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
•Design rolling 18-month marketing plan tied to the Submed business plan.
•Lead and manage the annual and seasonal marketing calendar for Submed dictating process and priorities for all initiatives.
•Direct all marketing communications with EMEA Headquarters.
•Develop seasonal – communication, sports and retail marketing plans for Submed.
•Work closely with the sales organization to develop comprehensive, integrated marketing platforms that drive sell through of seasonal and core product lines.
•Manage execution of retail, communication and sports marketing platforms around seasonal and category initiatives.
•Direct and develop key account marketing plans against tied to Submed sales plan and key accounts.
•Control and manage annual budget for marketing in Submed.
•Drive and manage all media, research and creative agency partnerships in Submed.
•Write creative briefs, help manage the creative development timeline and process, manage brand budgets, protect and develop brand voice across all consumer touch-points.
•Procure consumer research and Submed market analysis to understand the competition, channel dynamics, consumer segmentation & positioning, product segmentation and brand performance.
•Prepare presentations on the Company’s marketing strategies and plans to share with internal and external partners of Under Armour.
•Liaise with Submed sales, operations and finance to integrate activities and initiatives.
•Assist sales team with materials required for key account presentations/sell-ins.
•Report on/ measure the contribution of all Submed marketing activities to establish ROI.
•Build high-performing Submed marketing team.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: (2 current and up to 4 Direct Reports)
Retail and sports marketing managers and associates.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field and 8-10 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and related experience. Knowledge of the Submed market is a prerequisite.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong understanding across communication and retail marketing mechanics.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with team members across all departments.
• Ability to prioritize and work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Strong presentation skills. Both verbal and written
• Proficiency in French, Spanish a must and English is a must
• Has proven trade marketing experience in the Submed region across sports and/or lifestyle brand(s).
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
You should be a team player with a passion for sports and have the desire to cross the line in first place delivering executional excellence.
Dedicated, enthusiastic, innovative and drive to achieve the best, the teammate should be a strong communicator and able to manage their time effectively.
Behavioral Attributes of Ideal Candidate (include but are not limited to the following):
- GET IT DONE, DONE, DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY • Holds others accountable for getting things done, lending support when needed. • Generates motivation and drive to hit departmental goals by emphasizing responsibility and communicating expectations. • Takes ownership of departmental results by tracking team contributions.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION • Examines potential ideas and evaluates them against UA goals. • Realizes and accepts that failure is a necessary part of innovation. • Talks with others to gain new insight and see opportunities from a different perspective. • Advocates for and pursues new ideas.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION • Builds consensus with Teammates across the business unit and gives clear direction during cross-functional collaboration. • Motivates Teammates to build trusting, cross-functional relationships.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE • Seeks and applies understanding of cultural differences and demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of global trends (social, political, and economic), adapting products and services to impact the business unit’s goals globally.
- MAP THE FUTURE – STRATEGIC VISIONING • Translates business unit vision and goals into clear, specific and achievable objectives, making the vision tangible for individual teams. • Considers future scenarios, opportunities and risks to create action plans that align with business unit goals and UA’s overall strategic vision.
- BUILD A GREAT TEAM – BUILDING TALENT • Proactively develops self and others by setting stretch goals and providing challenging assignments. • Serves as a trusted coach or mentor that guides Teammates through development opportunities, and gives feedback to ensure they are equipped to do the work independently. • Creates a team identity and shared purpose to drive toward team goals. • Develops and supports talent planning strategies to align with cross-functional needs.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY & ETHICS • Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category