Accounting And Finance
February 17, 2017
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour’s vision is to be the #1 performance athletic company in the world. To help achieve this goal, the executive team is committed to building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) team whose sole focus is to develop core competencies and sustainable competitive advantages in the areas of strategic planning, financial planning and analysis, executive-level decision support, and strategy execution.
The Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A will be a key member of this team and will report directly to the Sr. Manager / Manager of Corporate FP&A. This position will work closely with the executive and management teams of the company, and therefore demands a commitment to develop an understanding of Under Armour’s business that is both broad and deep across all channels, geographies and divisions.
- Support the corporate planning and reporting process by leading in-depth financial/strategic analyses, interpreting results, and articulating actionable recommendations that maximize shareholder value
- Prepare and provide analyses of different business models and scenarios related to the planning and forecasting of UA’s business.
- Lead cross channel, cross divisional and cross-geographical business units in their financial planning, forecasting, and analysis processes (quarterly, annual, and long-range)
- Prepare analyses and contents of UA’s executive quarterly business reviews and/or long-term strategic reviews
- Provide visibility to the financial impact of various risks and/or opportunities arising between quarterly updates to the quarterly and annual financial plans.
- Provide leadership and analyses during the company’s long-range strategic planning process
- Be the liason between Under Armour’s business units and the corporate FP&A team to ensure all corporate reporting requirements and met and deadlines adhered to
- Assist in the continued implementation of SAP’s new planning & consolidation tool, a financial and strategic planning/reporting system, and lead the planning and development of any new financial reports and processes as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree – finance or accounting
- 2-5 years of progressive experience in Finance, Business Analysis, Strategy, or Corporate Development
- Demonstrated expertise in Financial concepts and applications
- Solid understanding of Accounting rules and regulations
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (including executive team) and articulate ideas, analysis results, and actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated leadership skills, willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done, and commitment to challenging the status-quo to make things better
- Ability to work independently and identify information and/or resources needed to complete assignments
- Expertise in Excel, financial modeling, cash flow valuation, scenario/sensitivity analysis, and ROI, NPV, and IRR analyses
- Experience working with data warehouse concepts, Corporate planning and consolidation tools, and SAP accounting and reporting
- Experience with building and maintaining standardized reports in SAP planning and consolidation tools is a plus
Under Armour is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Under Armour depends solely on your qualifications.
This post is also available in: