Amsterdam, Noord Holland
February 17, 2017
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The FP&A Analyst will be responsible for both short & long-term financial planning for Europe, with specific focus on the Ecommerce sales channel. The FP&A Analyst will ensure timely submission of deliverables, anticipating business issues and driving good decision-making through first class financial and commercial analysis.
This role is aligned with:
UA BRAND MISSION: To make all athletes better through passion, design and the relentless pursuit of innovation
UA BRAND VALUES: Build a Great Product; Tell a Great Story; Build a Great Team; Deliver Great Service
UA INTERNATIONAL STRATEGY: Build a strong global brand & brand equity; Improve profitability and organizational efficiency; Accelerate annual growth; Embed a performance culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Partner and works closely with Ecommerce team to build Financial Plans (Monthly, Quarterly, 3 Year). Provide timely and accurate visibility to P&L performance, clearly identifying risks and opportunities to those plans.
- To analyze daily/weekly/monthly Ecommerce sales performance, highlighting material variances to expectation and resulting actions required. This includes interpreting the financial impact of KPIs including; Traffic, Conversion, Average Selling Price/Basket Value and Marketing ROI.
- Support FP&A Senior Manager in the enhancement of Product Margin analysis tools, clearly defining the impact Price, Volume and Product Mix has on Margin.
- To provide financial & decision support for new business opportunities and supplier reviews/negotiations. This includes analysis and review of Customer Delivery costs, Website Platform fees, Logistic Costs, Credit Card Expenses and Marketing ROI.
- Deliver a comprehensive month end closure process, ensuring all transactions are captured accurately and in line with expectation.
- Responsible for coordinating and submitting relevant forecast submissions (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly) to the financial reporting system (BPC), verifying accuracy of submissions.
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field and 3-5 years of relevant professional experience within the eCommerce area. Ideally the candidate would also be studying towards or have recently finished a professional accounting or finance qualification (such as CIMA, ACCA, CFA, ACA, CPA).
- SAP accounting system experience preferred, or familiarity with other corporate financial accounting systems.
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Familiarity with FMCG/Consumer Products industry and especially Retail/Ecommerce experience is preferable.
- Solid understanding of Accounting rules and regulations
- Strong Competency – MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Must exhibit professionalism and exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast paced / high growth environment.
- Strong oral and written English Essential
Behavioral Attributes of Ideal Candidate: include but are not limited to the following:
- Team Player. Loves being part of a team, both leading and serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues
- Humble & Hungry. Confidence without arrogance; driven to continually “up their game » regardless of prior successes
- Unparalleled Integrity. In good times and bad, lives the UA Way; takes ownership for mistakes; delivers tough messages directly; doesn’t “back-channel”
- Action Oriented. « Can do » and « does do » attitude; authentically engaged with people and situations
- Accountable. Commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self to highest performance standards
- “Gets” Under Armour. Passionately embraces the challenge and effort to keep UA unique; committed to go the extra mile to build/protect the brand
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category
This post is also available in: